Just came across this great list of the most beautiful small towns in the world on neatbuzz.com! I would love to visit them all but which one do you think should be on the top of my list???
Check out the link below for the full details on each town http://www.neatbuzz.com/21_most_beautiful_small_towns_in_the_world.php
1. GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, BAVARIA, GERMANY: a town in the heights of the Zugspitze mountain.
2. VILLAGE IN THE HIMALAYAS, TIBET: one of many towns in the Himalaya mountains that are only accessible by foot or horse.
3. REINE, NORWAY: a fishing village voted the most beautiful village in all of Norway.
4. GASADALUR VILLAGE, FAROE ISLANDS, DENMARK: a town located on the west-side of Vágar, Faroe Islands.
5. COLMAR, FRANCE: a town nicknamed “Little Venice” because of the waterways that go through its medieval streets.
6. MAALOULA, SYRIA: a town located 50Km North of Damascus, its one of the very few remaining villages in the world that still speak Aramaic and it is listed as an Unesco World Heritage Site.
7. MARSAXLOKK, MALTA: a town which is the main supplier of fish to the island nation.
8. BLED, SLOVENIA: a town notable for having some of the most beautiful health spas in the area.
9. HALLSTATT, AUSTRIA: one of Austria’s oldest settlements, the town is considered a treasure trove of human history and one of the most beautiful towns in Austria.
10. MANAROLA, ITALY: with brightly colored houses carved into a wall of stone, the town is famous for its wine and the paintings of Antonio Discovolos.
11. BIBURY, ENGLAND: most of the town is still as it was hundreds of years ago and the River Coin still dominates the main street.
12. ANNECY, FRANCE: a town that is arguably even more picturesque than the French Alps, the town is dissected by small canals and streams.
13. GOREME, TURKEY: a town where ancient architecture still stands and many churches carved directly into the rocks themselves.
14. TENBY, WALES: the town was fortified with a massive wall to hold Welsh rebellions at bay. From the 1800s onwards, the town became more renowned for its beauty than defenses.
15. LEAVENWORTH, WASHINGTON, USA: a town that is actually modeled on a Bavarian village.
16. VESTMANNAEYJAR, ICELAND: this town island is notable for the immense biodiversity including plant species not yet classified and millions of birds that nest in cliffs.
17. QUEENSTOWN, NEW ZEALAND: a town built around the beautiful Lake Wakatipu, which has spectacular views of surrounding mountains.
18. HIDDEN MOUNTAIN VILLAGE – JIUZHAIGOU, CHINA: not much is known about these reclusive villages scattered around China. They are only reachable by horseback and offer a unique look at the culture of classical China.
19.SHIRAKAWA-GO VILLAGE, JAPAN: a small, traditional village known for its incredibly steep roofs. The dense forests and looming hills that surround and hide the village make the area incredibly hard to occupy, other than the small piece of flatland the village was founded on.
20. PUCóN, CHILE: a town that sits in the shadow of an active volcano and is known for many recreational activities like snow skiing and kayaking.
21. CAMDEN, MAINE: a town known for its summer community of wealthy Northeasterners, mostly from Boston, New York and Philadelphia.
very awesome places 👍💋
They are indeed ! have you been to any ?
You forgot Burano Italy!!
Would love to visit this place for sure !!!