If you want to break free from your weekly routine, unwind and disconnect for the day then all you need to do is head to Yas Island ! Start off your day sunbathing at Yas Beach and finish it off with sunset drinks and nibbles at Iris lounge in Yas Marina.
- Don’t use “Yas Beach” on google maps to get there, you will just get lost!
- Don’t get a towel because the entrance fee includes towel rental
- Don’t drive if your planning to drink alcohol as the beach serves alcoholic drinks
- Make sure to order a taxi ride back from Yas if your not driving by calling Abu Dhabi Taxi on 600 535353
- Don’t eat too much in Yas Beach as you would want to keep some space for the delicious food in Iris bar and restaurant
How to get there:
Either take your car or hire a taxi and head to Yas Island. Once on Yas Island, go towards Crowne Plaza Hotel Yas (you can use google map to get to Crowne Plaza or Radisson Blu). Once you get to the area that houses the hotels don’t go uphill into that area but rather stay on the main road and take the first right after the hotel complex. You will find signs that will lead you from there to Yas Beach
How long does it take to get there:
- From Dubai: It’s a 45 min – 1 hour drive from Dubai. A one way taxi ride costs around 200 Dirhams and you can order a taxi by calling 04-2080808
- From Abu Dhabi: it’s a 30 minutes drive from Abu Dhabi. A one way taxi ride from Abu Dhabi to Yas Island costs around 100 Dirhams and you can order a taxi by calling 600-535353
When is the best time to visit:
November and December would be the best time to visit where the water is warm, the weather is nice and there is no humidity.
Where to stay:
You can go for the day and come back in the evening. Alternatively, you can spend a night in one of Yas Island’s numerous hotels.
What to do:
- Spend the day at Yas Beach for tanning and relaxing. The entrance to the beach on weekends costs 100 Dirhams. The facilities on the beach include sunbeds, umbrellas, sports area, water activities, a bar, a restaurant, toilets, showers and changing rooms. The ambiance of the beach is very similar to a beach setting you would find on a Greek Island. Moreover, on Fridays they have a DJ playing very nice music. For all those shisha addicts out there, guess what … they serve shisha on the beach!
- Details of Yas Beach: www.yasbeach.ae , 056 242 0435 , @yasbeach, # yasbeach
- At around 5pm leave the beach and head towards Yas Marina for sunset drinks at Iris bar and restaurant. The marina is located in the heart of the Yas Island and is home to a number of restaurants and bars. Do not stop at any of the places on the promenade and head straight towards Iris bar and restaurant located at the end of the strip. Sit in the outdoor terrace of Iris to have drinks and nibble on some of their delicious food while enjoying the panoramic views of the marina overlooking the Yas Formula One Circuit. An afternoon on that terrace is a trip to Europe and back. Don’t leave Iris without trying their rock shrimps, mini burgers and burrata.
- Details of Iris: www.irisabudhabi.com , 055 160 5636, @irisyasisland, #irisyasislandHighlight of the day:
The rock shrimps at Iris Bar and Restaurant ! Simply the best rock shrimps I ever had in my life…
Happy Travelling 🙂